Saturday, September 6, 2008

Paleo Diet - Day 309

Hmmm...changes, changes - and all in a positive direction, I think. First of all, my weight has dropped some more, to 160 lbs. That, in turn, drops my BMI (Body Mass Index) to 21.7 (still within "normal weight" bounds), and, for the first time in a long while, I'm seeing some change in my body fat percentage, downward to 11.8% (from 12.7%, where it's been for over two months). I think it must be due to my increased walking this week. Hopefully, this will translate to a lower LDL and higher HDL by the time those are tested again in February.

Meanwhile, my blood sugar dropped some, also, to 88 (from last week's 103), again, probably in response to an increase in daily walking.

Then there is my blood pressure, which is 114/77 this morning, as opposed to last week's 115/73, so it looks like that's remaining consistently in the right area, now. As Freddie Prinz and Tony Orlando used to say to each other on the Tonight Show, back in the seventies: "Loooookin' goooood!" Why I chose that particular reference, I don't know, but it fits. ;)