Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Cinnamon is Working!

The other day, I began my cinnamon experiment, taking one tablespoon of cinnamon powder per day in an effort to see if it reduces my blood sugar.

Well, the first dose was about an hour before dinner followed by a walk before dinner. I tested my blood glucose both before and after eating, allowing two hours after the meal. The results on my first test were that my blood glucose remained stable at 156, both before and after eating.

Last night, I followed exactly the same regimen and, for the first time, my blood sugar test after dinner was actually lower than the reading I obtained before the meal! If this becomes a trend, then I've found the ideal program for reversing my diabetes: the Paleo Diet, coupled with a small dose of cinnamon and excerise daily. I can do that!