Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back to Normal Again

As predicted, my blood sugar has returned to the normal range again, following my McDonald's faux pas. It took two days for my blood sugar to correct itself, however, which shows just how much a single fast food meal can influence a diabetic's blood sugar.

Monday, my before and after dinner readings were 105 and 109, respectively. Tuesday, I was doing much better, with 84 before dinner and 93 after. Today's pre-dinner reading was 87, but I crept up a bit with 124 afterward. Just 11 points above the normal range, but, still, out of normal bounds. That could be due to the lack of my after-dinner walk this evening, in response to freezing rain. But, I did do a Total Gym workout, though it was after checking my blood sugar.

I expect that tomorrow will find me back in the 80s and 90s again and this should continue until, hopefully, it drops even further.