Saturday, March 1, 2008

Paleo Diet - Day 119

When I said, last week, that coming out of ketosis would mean that any further weight loss I'd have to work harder for, I guessed correctly. In pursuing my same routine as usual, I find that a week later I am no further along in weight loss, my weight still being at 182 lbs, right where it was a week ago. So, no change to report, there.

Of course, that also means my BMI (Body Mass Index), which is calculated on my weight, also remains the same as last week, at 24.7 ("normal weight").

Also, no real change in my blood sugar, either. Today's reading, before eating anything, is 120. I'm still in the pattern of staying up late Friday night/Saturday morning and snacking on nuts late at night, though, so it's no surprise. When I eat late at night, it doesn't seem to matter how late I sleep the following day, I always experience a higher blood sugar reading than when I've stopped eating earlier the night before.

So, where my weight, BMI and blood sugar are concerned, it looks as if I'll have to put out more effort, in terms of exercise, and watch my eating habits more closely. My fruit portions have been escalating, also, and I need to get back to where I was on this before.

Meanwhile, the only good news I have is that my blood pressure is, this morning, completely normal, at 110/79. A big improvement on the systolic side, as well as the diastolic side, and both numbers are headed downward together, for a change. That's good.

Where my Total Gym workouts are concerned, I've begun doing some extra work at the highest resistance setting, focused on beefing up my pecs (chest) and my glutes (ass), which have always been my source of body-building frustration. I can feel a definite difference in both areas, so the change in strategy seems to be working for me. My chest, especially, feels like it's getting firmer and slightly larger in response to some of the exercises I've chosen.

Well, it's a beautiful day, so I'm going for a long and much-needed walk!