Saturday, March 22, 2008

Paleo Diet - Day 140

Well, it looks like my weight hasn't changed since last week. So, I remained at equilibrium, burning off just as many calories as I took in this week. Of course, that means my BMI (Body Mass Index) also remains stable at 23.5. One factor, I believe, is that I didn't get as much exercise as I normally do, so, if I step that up a bit, I should see further weight loss by next Saturday. As it is, I don't have much farther to go, anyway, and I'm expecting that, by the time I've been at it a year (November 2nd), I should be perfectly fit again.

Meanwhile, my blood sugar remains normal, at 102 this morning, after some late-night eating again. But, the good part is I've had multiple episodes of either very small increases in blood sugar after a meal, or my blood sugar actually dropping after the meal. Monday, it dropped - from 105 to 97. Tuesday, it rose from 97 to 111, remaining normal. Wednesday, it was 103 before dinner and 102 afterward. Thursday, it was 96 and rose to 121, just 8 mg/dcl above normal. Yesterday, it was 108 and dropped to 98. This has become the new norm, now. As for the somewhat higher, yet normal readings this week, consider that I've been snacking on nuts between meals while at work all week, which I wasn't doing previously. That probably accounts for the stasis in my weight, as well. The previous weeks have seen my blood sugar in the 80s upon coming home from work.

As for my blood pressure, all is well here. My systolic has dropped four points, from 128 last week, to 124 this morning, for a reading of 124/78, with my diastolic remaining stable. An almost normal reading, then. I still need to get my systolic down a little more. Again, this is with medication, so there is still room for progress on my blood pressure.

Overall, the trend is still going in the right direction. I just need to, perhaps, not snack as much and get more exercise and I'll see continued improvement.