Saturday, September 13, 2008

Paleo Diet - Day 316

Looks like I need to eat more. I've dropped yet another pound, down to 159 lbs from last week's 160. However, according to the charts, I'm still at normal weight for my height, even down to 135 lbs, below which I'd be underweight. I'm 23 lbs above that point right now. Historically, I've been a skinny guy, though. In my thirties, it wasn't unusual for me to weigh 145 lbs. But, I bulked up by working out in my forties. Perhaps I need to do the same again. I need to, anyway, just to get my HDL up and to lower my LDL. The weight loss translates to a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 21.6, which is still in the normal weight range. My body fat percentage remains unchanged from last week, when it had fallen to 11.8% - the first change in over two months.

Meanwhile, my blood sugar is normal today at 94 ml/dcl. I was eating in the wee hours of this morning, so that's not unusal. No problem.

My blood pressure is up a little, but still well within normal range at 120/72, so, nothing there to worry about, really. In fact, my diastolic is down from last week's 77, so it's only the systolic side that has risen. This will probably come down again by next weekend, with continued walking exercise, and may, in fact, have spiked in response to an increase in strength training over this week, which would have the effect of raising blood pressure slightly.