Saturday, July 5, 2008

Paleo Diet - Day 245

I'm off to a late start this Saturday afternoon, after being up until nearly 7:00am on this holiday weekend. I ate a meal at about 3:00am, also, so that, plus the fact it's after 2:00pm now, should explain some of my readings.

My weight remains stable at 164 lbs, and that, of course, means my BMI (Body Mass Index) also remains stable at 22.2, which is in the "normal weight" range for my 6 foot frame.

As for my body fat percentage, it's at 12.7 %, currently, which is 1.2% less than last week's 13.9%. This is toward the lower end of the "healthy" range for a man my age. I'll take that!

Meanwhile, my blood sugar is at 106 ml/dcl, which I'd expect after having eaten a meal after 3:00am and sleeping from nearly 7:00am until almost 2:00pm. This is within 7 ml/dcl of the upper threshold of "normal," so, nothing to worry about, there.

My blood pressure is understandably a little higher, also, due to the timing of my testing today. Generally, blood pressure and blood sugar both tend to rise a little during the afternoon, so my blood pressure reading (taken to the soothing strains of someone's car alarm out in the parking lot) of 122/80 is not at all out of line. Had I taken it between mid and late morning, as usual, I'd expect it would have been a little lower, thus, more consistent with the readings I've been getting, lately. Still, 122/80 is "normal," and nothing to be concerned about.