Saturday, July 19, 2008

Paleo Diet - Day 259

Today's not much different than last weekend, with the exception that I seem to have gained 4 lbs, somehow. So, I'm now at 168 lbs. This moves my BMI (Body Mass Index) up to 22.8, which is still in the middle of the normal weight range.

As for whether this increase in weight can be attributed to an increase in body fat or not, it doesn't appear to be so, as my body fat percentage has remained stable at 12.7%. So, either it's an increase in muscle tissue (doubtful, as I haven't been working out enough) or it's an increase in water. I think water in the likely answer. Given it's been in the 90's all week, maybe my body is retaining water to stay hydrated.

My blood sugar remains normal at 96 ml/dcl, just 1 ml/dcl lower than last week's reading. No news is good news.

Where my blood pressure is concerned, it's right in the middle of the normal range at 109/74. Again, this is with medication. I think I'll watch it a while longer before deciding to dispense with my Lisinopril.

Ho-hum. Another boringly normal report.