Saturday, July 26, 2008

Paleo Diet - Day 266

Well, I'm beginning to see the effect of not having exercised (enough) all week. My weight has risen by another pound, to 169. This puts my BMI (Body Mass Index) at 22.9 - still in the mid-normal weight range.

However, my body fat percentage remains stable, at 12.7%, which indicates to me that my body must be retaining water, due to the fact the average daily temperature this week has been at or around 100 degrees. That, combined with the accursed effects of Daylight Savings Time (i.e., the sun doesn't begin to set until I'm getting ready for bed) has kept me from getting in my daily walks.

Meanwhile, my blood sugar rose slightly, to 106, I suppose, at least in part, due to this, plus having had the usual late-night snack. But, still, 106 is well within normal bounds. As for my blood pressure, it, too, remains normal, at 113/70.

So, altogether, I'm still doing fine - I just need to get in some walking later on tonight and work out today. Other than that, nothing to worry about.