Saturday, May 3, 2008

Paleo Diet - Day 182

I have very positive results to report this time. First off, I've gained back 3 lbs, which is probably mostly muscle. I'm going to get a body fat scale today, so, starting next week, I'll be tracking my body fat percentage, as well. Then I'll have a better idea as to whether I'm gaining weight as muscle or fat, or losing body fat. Anyway, my weight for today is 168 lbs and that puts my BMI (Body Mass Index) at 22.8, which is still in the middle of the "normal weight" range.

My blood sugar is at 102 this morning, 11 mg/dcl below the upper threshold of "normal." So, not as high as it's been on some Saturday mornings, lately, but it could be lower, and has been. I attribute this to slacking off on my walking a bit, which means I'm not burning off as much sugar or calories. So, if I begin walking regularly again, my blood sugar should come down.

Meanwhile, my blood pressure has improved from last week's 120/87 and is now 119/85. Solidly "normal" on the systolic side, while being just five points above "normal" on the diastolic. Still, it is an improvement.

Today, I'm planning to begin my new podcast site, which will be a combination of some of the issues I've addressed here, from time to time (i.e., the collusion between Big Pharma, the medical establishment and the processed foods industry, etc.), as well as other matters related to this, plus tips and information on how you can improve and protect your health and the health of your family in the wake of all this. I'll keep you posted on when the site is ready.