Saturday, October 25, 2008

Paleo Diet - Day 358

It's looking like my increased strength training exercise is beginning to pay off now. My weight has changed, for the first time in weeks (and in the right direction, this time) to 161 lbs, which changes my BMI (Body Mass Index) to 21.8 (normal weight) and, at the same time, my body fat percentage remains steady at 11.2%, which is where it was last week. So, the pound I've gained since then must, therefore, be muscle.

Meanwhile, my blood sugar rose a couple of points, to 106 ml/dcl (up from last week's 104). I don't have the excuse of having had a Friday meal at Sonic (or anywhere else but home) this time, but I did eat more blackberries than usual last night, so that might be attributable to the spike. It could also be due to the fact that, lately, I've slacked off on my use of cinnamon and coconut oil, so, perhaps I need to get back on track with those, plus more walking. I did take a walk yesterday evening, as soon as I got home from work, which is easier to do on a Friday evening, when I have more time for it.

My blood pressure is at a normal 114/71 this morning, still, a bit higher than last week's 105/82, at least on the systolic side, anyway. The diastolic side is more than ten points lower, so it's hard to say which reading is the better, really. But, both are normal and that's what really matters.

Again, I'll remind the readers that, effective November 2nd (the one-year anniversary of my paleo diet experience), I will no longer be writing any updates to this blog. I feel that a year of coverage should be adequate, and Loren Cordain says, in his book, The Paleo Diet, that the diet will have done its magic in the course of about a year. In my case, it's actually taken less time than that and I've been recording rather banal minute gyrations in my stats for months, now. In the interest of not boring you to death - as well as freeing myself to do other things with my Saturday mornings - I've decided not to continue the blog beyond the one year mark. This does not in any way mean that I'm stopping the diet, of course. Why would I do that? It also doesn't indicate that I'm going to remove this blog; I will not be doing any such thing, as my wish is to have it remain accessible to the public indefinately, so that others may benefit from my experience and from the various sources and remedies I've mentioned here from time to time.